Monday, June 20, 2005

Riverdance...fo' real!

I am really really excited about my paddling plans for next weekend.

I'm going to paddle to an Irish traditional dance, known as a ceili, at a beautiful open-air pavilion in a park at the foot of Palisades, where we'll be dancing the afternoon away to the music of a couple of a couple of really wonderful local Irish traditional musicians...

I've been thinking this would be cool ever since I first discovered that I'd actually gotten strong enough to paddle to Alpine, but since they only hold it twice a year, and I'm so busy during boating season, it's really tough to keep the day clear. But the musicians this year are Brian Conway and Felix Dolan and for set dancing, those two are hard to beat!

I'm so psyched...

OK. Am I a total nerd or what?

but really, if everything works out (which is not a given - just for starters, if I end up breaking all the BCU rules & going solo & there's too much traffic for me to cross safely, I'd give it up), it'll be really really neat. '

praying to weather gods...

No comments: