Thursday, February 02, 2006

Shorts and excuses

Later in day, one more quick note before I hit the gym for a quick raising of heartrate - speaking of friends doing things that impress me, my friend Scott Chicken is taking a really constructive approach to hitting a certain age that's known for precipitating many a mid-life crisis. He should start a new blog & call it Scott Chicken Run! OK, sorry, not so funny, long crazy day. BTW if any survivors of marathons would like to go over there and give him an encouraging word, I'm sure he'd get an ulcer from the pressure...NO NO I mean I'm sure he'd really appreciate it! heh heh heh.

Another jammed day, just taking a quick break...more links...how to post without actually having to write anything, just send people somewhere else!

Shorts. Oh, those hateful Malaysians and their shorts (no, I'm not being petty, just go look & you'll see what I mean).

Also rather loved this series of airborne shots ofHaleakalaon Pandabonium's Pacific Islander blog. Pandabonium's post on Chinese New Year Hawaiian-style was also most excellent.

I have to confess that not only am I overloaded with work this week, but I got 2 books last Sunday - I made a spur-of-the-moment decision to go see Narnia at the Pavilion Theater in Windsor Terrace last Sunday, decided it would be nice to precede that with a stroll through Park Slope & ended up stopping by a secondhand book shop & walking out with Sherman Alexie's Reservation Blues (very neat, finished that last night) and Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay (which I'd dipped into once while kittysitting for a friend & have had on the back burner as something I really wanted to finish reading ever since) - since "free time" is limited this week & next, the curling-up-with-a-good-book time has been debited directly from blogging time!

ok, back to the invoices now. Phew. They never end (which is good 'cause if they did I'd be looking for work and I don't like doing that!). Just had to look at words (and pictures) for a little while.

No comments: