Friday, May 12, 2006

Volvo Ocean Race - 2nd - 5th place finisher photos

Well, I said yesterday I couldn't wait to see Jarrett's pictures. I don't have to anymore, he has posted them at June 23rd.

And I sort of take back what I said about Captain Peter being mean yesterday...sort of. There was a present in my email this morning - he got some great pictures at the start, as the schooner Adirondack went to see them off. Here's the fleet heading on down the Lower Harbor on their way out to the Atlantic. Next stop, Portsmouth, UK!


AND SPEAKING OF OCEAN RACERS!

My friend Brian has been off racing a leg of the Clipper Around-the-World Yacht Race. I can't believe it but he's done, they arrived in Victoria on the 7th...and I had all these updates I never had time to post. Here was the final one -

NY Clipper arrived in Victoria at 1:50 PDT, in 7th place,only 10
minutes behind Qing Dao Clipper. After 5600nm of Pacific Ocean racing,
mere minutes separated the 6th, 7th and 8th place boats.

Brian is tired but in good shape. He thanks you all for your interest
and support.


And here's a happy-looking Brian arriving in Victoria, BC. Congratulations, Brian! When's the homecoming party?

No comments: