Thursday, August 24, 2006

Funny ad commentary...
















I did a google search for cigarette boat pictures after putting up yesterday's post as I am thinking about writing more about why I hate these things so much more than any other kind of watercraft (first I have to get my DSL working at home, though, it quit on Tuesday night & that would be a longer post of the type I prefer to do at home instead of trying to squeeze it into lunch hour). I ran across this ad & some accompanying commentary on adweb99.com, a site aimed at people in the advertising industry - they show ads & comment on each one's effectiveness.

Now, this ad itself is pretty par for the advertising course - buy product, get laid - a bit more overt than usual but isn't that the message most ads try to convey?

As a non-fan of cigarette boats, though, I found something in the commentary kind of amusing - not ROTFLOL funny, but worth a snicker. You can go read for yourself here. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that's a pretty aptly turned phrase they use in reference to the "guys and dolls"!

Back to work now, just stopped off in the library to do this quick post. I just have to mention that my chair feels like it's rocking - I've been getting a LOT of water time in this week. Sunday, as I mentioned, I "schooned" all day. A few of us had a lovely Tuesday Night Club - beautiful weather, gorgeous sunset, and some good rolling & rescue practice (we've had a new guy join the Rustbucket trip list, he just bought a Kirto & hadn't done rescue work before, so I jumped at the chance to do a little teaching & also practice my own rescues). Last night I worked a 6:00 - 8:00 charter, and tonight (assuming the forecasted thunderstorms allow) I'm sailing until 10:30. I was thinking of being a complete glutton for punishment & paddling Friday night, too, but I think I'm going to go home & call my ISP about the problem with my DSL modem (no ACT light). TTFN!

No comments: