Wednesday, August 09, 2006

tiny little rant...

OK, one more useless little squeak here -

Remember how Bush said, not long ago,

"America must never abandon our fundamental morals" and "it also offers temptations
to manipulate human life and violate human dignity. Our conscience in history as
a nation demand that we resist this temptation" not long ago?

I do wish that he would actually practice what he preaches. However once again, looks like he wasn't talking about the already born.

And I'm really feeling sort of ill about the whole business of how 9/11 has now been processed and become an entertainment event. A summer blockbuster, I suppose. Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh, UGH. I find this revolting in the same way I found tourists snapping pictures of the still-smoking wreckage while vendors held up their wares chanting "Takealook, takealook, takealook" and pedicab drivers sat dinging their little dingety-dingy bike bells trying to lure passengers...god, I'm skipping that movie, wouldn't see it if you PAID me to. Actually I read somewhere that most of New York City is skipping that movie. Read some comment somewhere along the lines of "Who needs to see a reenactment when you were there for the real deal?"

Unfortunately even without an idiot box at home, it's still completely impossible to avoid all the hype. It's all got me very jangled.

Ugh.

Glad I'm going sailing tonight. On the Rosemary Ruth, too, so it's purely-for-fun sailing, not sailing-as-job-although-a-fun-one sailing. Been a while.

No comments: