Thursday, August 02, 2007

Revisiting the Wreck -

Remember that abandoned, nameless speedboat I'd referred to as spooky the other day?

Well, it didn't look quite as ghostly on thundery Sunday - just sad in that abandoned-toy way. The other boat - the one we'd thought was a sandbar when we first approached it in the dark that night - has pretty clearly been where it is for a while.


I'm wondering if the white one just hit the hulk hard, and the owners decided to just cut their losses & leave. It was actually still afloat the night we first found it. Remember how I mentioned that there was no name on the transom?

Oddly enough, you can't quite see it but there's a jet ski in there...

I know there's that saying that "a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money" - but doesn't it seem bizarre that they'd just ditch it?

I guess that a standard-issue production motorboat like this would be a pretty tricky & expensive item to get rid of.

No comments: