Sunday, December 02, 2007

Brooklyn Wild Parrot Safari


Two things I've been wanting to do for ages...

Go on one of Steve Baldwin, the Brooklyn Parrot guy's monthly Parrot Safaris -

And visit Green-Wood Cemetary. I know, it sounds morbid, and I was a little shocked the first time a friend told me I had to see it - but the longer I lived in Brooklyn, the more people - friends, nice cheerful color-wearing people with no visible Goth tendencies and whose judgements I trusted - backed up that original opinion. Yes, it's worth visiting.

Anyways - when I opened the Brooklyn Parrots site the other day & saw that today's Parrot Safari was a double-header, with the first section in Brooklyn College, and the second at Green-Wood, I knew what I was doing on December 1st!

Even got a few friends to join me, which made it even more fun.

I think we all had a great time. Thanks, Steve, thanks, friends, thanks birds!

Absolutely, positively had to make it into a Brooklyn Parrot Safari Gallery!

No comments: