Friday, October 16, 2009

Mayor's Cup Forecast

Well, ick, yesterday's way-up-the-Hudson report from Dennis G. Moonstruck was that it was SNOWING. We have a gale warning today. A trip to the Norwalk Islands that the Sebago cruising committee was planning for Saturday was called off yesterday, and here's what our Mayor's Cup racers & volunteers have to look forward to:

SUN
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. RAIN.

Highs in the upper 40's, lows in the lower 40's.

I'm bundling up. I don't know yet if I will be at one of the spots where racers can pull out or not, but I really do think I'm going to take along a couple of thermoses of hot cider - a little one for me, and a big one just in case I have any cold paddlers coming off the water in desperate need of a hot drink.

Brrrrr. So much for my visions of a pleasant morning sitting by the river, watching all the boys go by.

No comments: