Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shipping Out, the Story of America’s Seafaring Women


Shipping Out, the Story of America’s Seafaring Women

Thank you, Old Salt! somehow I thought this program was this weekend, which is already pretty much taken up with helping out with my club's table at Jersey Paddler's Paddlesports event on Saturday, and probably should do another long training paddle on Sunday (although it's time for Daffodil Hill at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and I love that...). SO happy to see it's on Wednesday of next week - I think I can go!

5 comments:

moonstruck said...

In the hayday of Nantucket whaling, It was considered good fortune to ship on a voyage where the captain's wife was aboard. The ships were known as "Hen Frigates"

Dennis g

bonnie said...

I think there's a book out there by that very title that somebody told me I should read. Was that you? I haven't yet but thank you for the reminder!

bonnie said...

Note the next day, for anyone interested in the "Shipping Out" documentary - It was GREAT. If you have a chance to see it, I strongly recommend doing so.

bonnie said...

For more information, or to view the trailer, visit WaterfrontSoundingProductions.com

bowsprite said...

so fun to see you two there! xoxo c!