Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lilac Art Series 2015 - a sampling

Here are a few shots from last night at the Lilac Arts Series. It's an interesting exhibit but I only saw part of it because for the first time ever in her time at Pier 25, the retired USCG buoy tender Lilac reached her official insurance-dictated capacity of 149 and there was a line to get in. I decided to leave to let somebody else board; I work not far away and I will come back on another day to see what I missed. The exhibit runs through August 15th, and it's definitely worth a visit!

Oops, note slightly later - just realized this wasn't much of a sampling, somehow I thought there was more art in here but mostly it's just the ship! I think it was just too crowded for good picture taking. All the more reason to go back, right? 

I finish here with a snippet of video of one of the exhibits - I didn't see everything but of what I did see, Lilac's Dream was my favorite. If you're going, it might be a bit of a spoiler. Click "watch in YouTube" to read more about the installation - it's very neat, what the artist did.  

No comments: